Monday, June 4, 2012

Air Fryer

I was told of a 'air fryer' and when I went to scout around, the only available is Philips' and it costs more than RM1k. So I didn't think much about it.

I wanted to get a fryer, knowing how much my kids liked fried stuff and I'm not a fan of frying - unhealthy and I don't like the clean-up :P

So when I chanced upon an air- fryer in one of those discount sites, I pounced on it. RM300, and I didn't think twice. So after about 2 weeks from the online purchase, I got the item (sorry no photos - forgot). I was esctatic. I offered to fry nuggets for the kids and they coincidentally wanted to eat that night. And 6 pcs of nuggets was prepared without any mess and tasted real good. Crisp and brown outer, but succulent insides. If i used the mini toaster-oven, I'd have the outer layers burnt. So I was happy with the results.

Then yesterday, I wanted to really fry something. Not something pre-prepared. I bought marinated chicken to fry. AND I was really happy with what I saw and ate. The chicken was crisp on the outer and succulent on the inside. Seriously! And I didn't have to stand over a hot stove, but I could bathe the kids, dress them and do alot more things.

So, what's next? I'm attempting fried oyster mushrooms!

Yippee!!

No comments: