Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Home away from Home....

Home away from home?

Well, technically am in Seberang Jaya, and am approx 1km away from where I used to live, the first 12 years of my life, in Chai Leng Park. Mum and Dad would be about 15km away now, across the Penang Bridge. hmmmm so close....

So many things have changed. The Seberang Jaya Public Pool looks so much nicer from the outside and I'm not sure if it still is a public pool. hmmm it looked closed when I passed by. Seberang Jaya has changed so much. I've still not driven through CLP and my previous house which is being tenanted. Let's see what happens later. I wanna go get a glimpse of it. I miss the large garden at the side and space out in front of the house between the house and the road. Unlike houses now, where just barely 5 feet outside the gate is already the road.

mmmm I also miss the 4 mango trees and 2 coconut tress in the garden and outside the house. Oh, those were the days. Every mango season (I can't remember how many months it would stretch to), there will be harvests of up too 300 mangoes per tree. So much so, that after giving to neighbours, relatives and friends, we'll still have tons (literally) and we actually sell them to the fruit seller at the market (who also happens to be a neighbour 3 streets' away). I miss that house and all the memories that come with it.

The neighbours, the huge playground and the places my neighbour and I used to cycle to. Those were the days we could roam free (and just be back by the time we were required to). It was safe out there. We would ride through the whole of CLP and sometimes be so tempted to 'cross over' to Seberang Jaya.

The kindy I used to go to is STILL there and it seemed to have more playthings in the garden than before.

Oh, those were the fun times....

(hope I get to put some pics)

2 comments:

yatie chomeyl said...

i miss penang to. i stayed in Penang for about 8 years before this. schooling at BM high school for 4 years then enter USM, nibong tebal for 4 years.

Fong said...

i was in chaileng park too, when i worked with Sony for a year =) all ade bits of penang in their live =)