Monday, May 11, 2009

Confessions of an ex-Shopaholic

No, I'm wouldn't say I'm I shopaholic. Definition - A slang term for oniomania, or compulsive shopping.

Sometimes it does happen - compulsive shopping, i mean. USually I shop with a mission. I don't really enjoy window shopping. Besides, window shopping is dangerous. Suddenly I see something I like and want to get it. What happens if its way off budget at that point of time? If I really like it, I'd really want to buy it, so that's why I say it's dangerous. Terrible. Then i'll spend unnecessarily. And so that's how debt gets accumulated. :p

I'm now very concious about this. What with having a baby and then the economic situation...its not going to be easy for a person with already heavy commitments financially.

Frankly, I think I could be classified as ex-shopaholic. compulsive buying would've been my middle name. Long time ago, probly not long after I started working. Not now, not when i decided that the moolah is important for me and my trainings, and my travelling to my races (which I don't seem to win). THerefore the shopping is more controlled and is only when necessary.

I used to be able to window shop and then see an outfit and then just buy cos its cheap. I end up with tons of clothes only worn a few times and some have also gone out of fashion without being worn. can u imagine? Sadla. Not now. I'm glad I've wisen up. hahaha

NOw money is spent wisely. Priority is given to baby. Things have really changed.

ONe of the many changes in me.

No comments: