Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Secret #1

I've got a secret....
..
..
..
..
..
.
.
OK, so now it's no longer going to be a secret.

Before this, I was a sucker for anything char siew (CS), yup, that red-on-the-outside-boneless meat. There's the CS pau (the steamed bun variant), CS meat (usually at the chicken rice stall) or anything that has CS, basically, including sometimes theyhave it as part of the topping for curry noddles.

So, even before converting, I was already preparing myself looking for alternatives - there was the Prime Roast Chicken in Ayamas which is supposed to be like the CS meat only its chicken, but so far, I've not being able to find a yummy CS pau.

I bought the Kart's BBQ Chicken Pau but it had so little filling that I could barely taste it or like it at all. And so the hunt went on. There was the vegetaran version (I'd only try that if I really, really can't find the meat version). On the verge of calling it quits, I noticed that the cafe below my office started to sell pau and one of its 'flavour' was BBQ chicken. Wah, so happy!! Unfortunately after many months, only did I manage to sink my teeth into it today. (Due to many unforeseen circumstances, i.e. when i want, it wasn't available, when I don't want, it was there)

So finally....the verdict? SUper duper yummy! okla, abit overated, but YES, it's yummy and I'd get it again and again and perhaps probly ask them where they got it from.

Now, can i have that for lunch today too?

No comments: